Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CJ gets a garden!

I am very excited about my new garden, I couldn't wait to share!  After some tests results came back,  I was put on a very strict diet for the next 5 weeks.  I basically can't eat the following:  Soy, wheat, yeast, sugar, fruit, corn, or any kind of grain.  On top of all of that I don't eat meat.  Being that I am so limited on what I can have, I buy most of my food from the Santa Monica farmers market.  While I was there last week I picked up seven plants with which to start my garden.








7 plants: $24
EB Stone Organic potting soil and 7 ceramic planters: $22.51
1 very strong guy to carry bag of heavy soil: Salad with fresh herbs.
Totaling: $46.51

One week later and I'm having fun creating new flavors with my herbs.  I made a homemade marinate for eggplant and asparagus on the grill.  Details to come...

-CJ

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how the plants turn out, hope all is well with your health.

    xx
    Liz Lizo
    VOGUED-OUT

    ReplyDelete