Monday, November 22, 2010

Fabulous Fall Sunday in LA.

I woke up today with thoughts of rain.  The forecast called for a wet weekend but to my liking I woke up to a sunny,  fall LA day.  Its days like this that I cherish living on the west coast,  it was finally feeling like fall with its chilly, crisp air but still sunny and warm enough to not mind being outside.  As some of you know, this time of year brings out LA's "fall fashion."  girls in scarfs, hats, even mittens (more for looks than warmth) whereas if any Midwesterner or East-coaster had a day like this, they would probably be in shorts and a t-shirt.   Where am I going with this?  Oh yes, my perfect Sunday.  I headed into Hollywood to check out this thrift store called JetRag.  On Sunday's they have something called "dollar Sundays," basically 3 rows-piled high of wear-it-again or vintage clothes for only $1.  I ended up buying 9 articles of clothing for $9!!!  See, I decided (more like a New Years resolution) to start sewing again.  So,  I picked out articles of clothing that could be used for making things such as bags.  I could have gone to a fabric store and bought $20 - $40 worth of fabric, but why when you can use recycled fabric?  I haven't sewed since college so this is going to be a bumpy road, but I am excited to get started.  Check back for updates and progress on my new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment