Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Merry Belated Christmas!

As I sit here, recovering from my holiday weekend.  I have sweet thoughts of the people in my life that made my Christmas and my 2010 so memorable.  It all started on Friday night (Christmas Eve). Plans to travel south were derailed, so my boyfriend and I decided we'd take in a nice dinner in Los Feliz.  Wine was sipped, seafood devoured, and yes the best part - dessert savored.






Then it was Christmas Day -  Being away from family around the holidays has never been easy for me but this year was a little easier.  I was feeling very blessed for the friends in my life that I "spearheaded" (as Bryan calls it) the Christmas committee.  The most exciting part for me was setting the table.  Again, gotta give a shout out to my 99 cent store where I purchased majority of the items for $30!!  


Each plate had a charger, cracker, and name tag.
I got the idea while in the store to use ornaments as name tags.  Blue was chosen for Mark and JD (Bryan's roommates) who are Jewish!



The center piece was a left over charger, red and silver ornaments and a white candle.

The Food - Oh my goodness did we have a vegetarian feast.  The wonderful part was that each of us brought something to the table that represented our families and/or our culture.
Tofurkey
mmm...Mac&Cheese w/ WI sharp Cheddar!
Yams

The feast





A great time was had by all! I hope your holidays were as lovely and memorable as mine were.

With Love,
Carli Jo


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment