Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kitchen table


I have been searching high and low for a new kitchen table. I've tried brand new, craigslist, and thrift stores with no luck. FINALLY again at my new fav thrifty + store I found my table. The table itself was $80 + $20 for the nice gentlemen outside to haul it the 15 blocks to my house. It's long and skinny with attached leaves on both sides. (for when I actually dine on it). The photo is with my new table cloth that I found at target, because the color of the table is not attractive. I contemplated staining the whole thing but Im not a fan of sanding. So I went with a cute table cloth and am currently painting the chairs. The blue is the primar. Wish me luck!!

~CJ


6/15/10 Started painting the chairs a mustard-y/orange but was unhappy when they looked more of a canary yellow.   I took the paint back to Osh (thinking it was mixed wrong) but instead I learned a valuable lesson.  Do not prime your chairs with a blue primer!!!!!!  They re mixed a darker orange for me, to compensate. 

3 chairs down!

                                                              * A work in progress*

No comments:

Post a Comment