Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Festivus

Last weekend I started thinking that maybe it was time to inject a little of the holiday spirit into our casa. I don't usually go overboard with the seasonal decorating, but I thought a few groupings here and there would give our place a little fall punch, if you will.


I picked up the woven copper colored plate and candy at (shhhh, don't tell) the 99 cent store. I'd never been in before, but at CJ's urging we checked it out. That. place. is. AWESOME. They have everything, and no joke it's all 99 cents!


Jeff and I headed to Salvation Army on Saturday and I scored this adorable little cloche for $1.99! I threw in a few pine cones I'd collected on a long ago Griffith Park excursion. It's fall, but subtle, which I really like.


While at Salvation Army I also grabbed this beautiful heavyweight candlestick holder for $2.99 and topped it with a beautiful 69 cent gourd from Trader Joe's.


Here's a slightly scarier tableau in a little cubby off the dining room. I bought the plate last year at Target and used a stamp and marker on an old canvas to create a little Halloween "art." The vine covered glass was a gift from my mom and the orange candle is from Ikea. I bought this perfect white pumpkin at the grocer's and added a little jadeite bowl filled with Tootsie Rolls. Please tell me there's someone else out there who craves Tootsie Rolls? Because I'm certainly the only in my house who does. The orange place mat is a reversible number I snagged at Anthropology in the sale section a few years back.


And a little closa, a little closa...(I make things up in my head from time to time.)

Anyone else sprucing up for the season?

Happy Trick-or-Treating,

~AJ

3 comments:

  1. the 99 cent store is definitely interesting. when i first moved out here... i bought EVERYTHING there. i love that some things only come with all the words in spanish because one time i ended up washing my clothes with fabric softener for at least 3 weeks before a friend saw it and told me it wasn't detergent!! hahahaha

    great groupings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny, Jenna! But I bet you smelled amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what did with the cloche....very YHL :)

    ReplyDelete